Thursday, July 30, 2009

10th month

July has proven to be a very good month for us. Thank the Lord! I needed a break (from reality). It's been nice to take a breather from all the research, worry, fuss and appointments and just enjoy our baby.

I actually haven't been into the audiology suite since we received the earmolds on 6/30. Our military community is small so we've run into Chris, the audiologist, a couple of times in casual, civilian type places and touched base with him that way. His new earmolds and Eargear clips have made a big difference in the daily use of hearing aides. We've been quite happy with both. Isaac only tore them apart twice. I'm having a hard time getting the left one back to the orginial shape so I may need to ask Chris for help because it's not fitting on his ear well at all at this point.

We only met Lisa five times this month for speech therapy sessions due to summer vacations scheduled on alternate weeks. Isaac is babbling and making new sounds and blends every week. I don't think he says any distinct words yet but I'm so thrilled with what is coming out. It's so adorable! He's learned to wave hello and bye-bye and uses this sign often. He gets very excited when I sign eat and more so I know he understands those even though he isn't copying the signs.

The physical therapy that Isaac started last month only lasted 3 weeks and we decided he was making great progress, so we probably didn't need to continue into this month. Unfortunately he's still not rolling over completely and I can't figure out why but he seems happy and able to physically do everything else he wants to so I'm trying to just accept this as his own little quirky thing. What else can I do? He's crawling all over the house now and just starting to stand up with support. We've lowered his crib mattress and ordered two baby gates to protect him from his own independent, possible mishaps. Hopefully we can stay a couple of steps ahead of him during this new baby phase we're entering.

We weren't able to get into the optometrist this month but we have an appt in a couple of weeks to follow up with his vision tests. And the other good news of the month is that he's started pooping again! I've stopped the daily medicine and regularly change a dirty diaper several times a weeks now. Now that he's more regular, I realize how nice it was to not have to do this. :-) But not having to worry about it so much is a very nice change.

Well, that's about it for this months report. Next month will pick up again as we have an appointment for the second sedated ABR. This is the same testing that Isaac and I flew to America for, five months ago. Now the Navy has figured out how to get the testing equipment and a pediatric audiologist here to Spain so it will only be a one day affair. Live and learn, live and learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment