My pregnancy had a few bumps but in hind sight, it wasn't too bad. During the second trimester I had an amniocentesis test due to multiple elevated risk factors but the test proved the baby to have a healthy chromosome count and also revealed the secret of our growing baby BOY! It was stressful deciding whether or not to proceed with the test but afterwards we were very happy that we had done it and we were thrilled to start planning for blue and green baby gear. Then throughout my third trimester, I had to shoot insulin into my thigh daily and restrict my diet for the remaining pregnancy. I was able to control the gestational diabetes successfully with no further complications. My baby ended up being the smallest one out of my four children and he didn't have any blood sugar problems after delivery.
Before getting pregnant with Isaac, I had an unexpected but welcomed pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. We had a lot of concerns about trying for another baby but my heart strings were pulled and I felt such a loss without this baby in our family. Our prayers were answered four months later when we discovered that we were expecting again. Isaac completes me and and our family. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this baby and just love him more than words can express.
No comments:
Post a Comment